For many couples, words don’t always serve to deepen mutual understanding or connection. How do we deepen mutual understanding or de-escalate conflict by accessing presence through our bodies and movement? Perhaps you’ve lost a sense of play and curiosity in your time together. Or, you feel disconnected with your inner state while trying to be present for your partner. Learn how to use collaborative movement activities to listen with your whole selves, including your body. Also, learn how to access to power of play through movement to connect with each other in ways that words can’t reach.
In this three hour workshop you will learn a bit about:
1) What happens to the brain when we feel emotionally or physiologically overwhelmed and why couples end up often arguing with each other via the smoke alarm part of their brain.
2) How to turn the smoke alarm part of the brain OFF to access more executive functioning through movement activities that bring us quickly into the present moment.
3) How to use movement activities to become better co-regulators for each other and for your offspring, if you have.
4) How to connect with each other from a place of strength through movement activities that require both your personal resilience and ability to listen and collaborate.
5) How to access more play and fun together through movement.
COST: $199 + hst per couple
Space is limited to 12 people/6 couples!
Polyamorous partners welcome. Please email me for pricing information firstname.lastname@example.org
All genders and expressions, and sexual identities and orientations welcome.